This post will teach you how to add and remove Google Account on Galaxy S20. If you find this context helpful, then feel free to consider this piece as reference.
Samsung’s new Galaxy devices support multiple emails. That said, you can add more than one email account on your Samsung phone. And when the time comes that you’d no longer use any of these accounts, all you have to do is remove it from your phone’s account directory. Read on to learn the process.
Adding a Google Account to your Samsung Galaxy S20
Time Needed : 5 minutes
The following steps are also applicable to other Galaxy devices running on Android Oreo and later versions. Be sure to have your Gmail account information ready beforehand. Then you may proceed when everything is set.
- Open the Settings app from the Home screen or via notification panel.
Either way will prompt you to the same screen and menu options.
- Select Accounts and backup.
This will let you access account-related menu options.
- Tap Accounts.
A list of different account types will then show up.
- Select Google from the given options.
This will open a new screen containing details of any Google accounts saved on your phone.
- If prompted, enter your current pattern or registered fingerprint.
Be sure to input the correct pattern or fingerprint to verify your account successfully.
- Enter the Gmail (email) address then tap Next.
The Gmail account you’ll enter must have the domain extension (@gmail.com).
- Type in the Gmail account password then tap Next to continue.
The password is the same password assigned to that Gmail account.
This is to determine whether or not you agree with the terms. If you wish to proceed, just agree with the terms.
And if you want, you can enable the option to Back up to Google Drive by turning on the switch next to it.
Removing a Google Account from your Samsung Galaxy S20
Time needed: 3 minutes.
Follow these steps to delete or remove unused Google accounts from your Galaxy S20. Not only that it frees up storage space, it also prevents any sort of conflicts caused by old and unused accounts on your phone.
- Open the Settings app via Home screen or notification panel.
This will open a new screen with different menu options and system features.
- Scroll to and touch Accounts and backup.
This is where you can find the option to create or add new email accounts on your Galaxy S20.
- Select Accounts to continue.
Existing account details will then populate on the next display.
- Tap to select the Google Account that you’d like to remove or delete from your device.
Doing so will trigger a remove pop-up to appear beneath the account you’d like to remove.
- Tap Remove Account beneath the email account and on the next pop-up message to confirm that you’d like to delete the selected account.
The selected Google account will then be deleted completely.
And that covers everything in this guide. Hope this helps!
Please keep posted for more comprehensive guides, tips, and tricks on how to make the most of your Samsung Galaxy S20 and other new Galaxy devices. Also visit our YouTube Channel to view more smartphone video tutorials and troubleshooting guides.