Contrary to what many people have thought, popular apps like Facebook also succumb to random errors and fail to work at some point as they should. This is true to most online apps as they depend on network availability as well as internet stability. And the fact that internet problems are inevitable makes it very possible for online apps and services to encounter various issues unexpectedly. Tackled in this post is a relevant problem with the iPhone 11 Pro Facebook app that won’t open or doesn’t load as intended. Find out why this happens and what to do in order to fix the problem on your end.
Troubleshooting an iPhone 11 Pro Facebook app that won’t open
Random app glitches will usually be gone on their own after a certain period of time but some requires some workarounds. The following are simple procedures you can use when troubleshooting minor software flaws that might have prevented your iPhone 11 Pro Facebook app from loading up as it should. Before you begin, care to check if you can actually browse the internet. Facebook is a web-based application and thus it requires fast and stable internet connection to work. If your phone is experiencing some sort of internet problems, then that’s what you should deal with first. Once you fixed the internet, all online apps including Facebook should be working properly again. If Facebook doesn’t open even if there’s no problem with your internet connection, then that’s when you need to do some basic troubleshooting.
First solution: Force close Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro
If you’ve used Facebook app on your phone and kept it running in the background for long, there’s a good chance that the app had crashed and stopped working. As a result, it doesn’t load up from the app switcher. To fix this problem, all you have to do is force close the app. That way you can start it up afresh. Here’s what you should do then:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen then stop when your finger reaches the middle and pause until the app cards/previews show up.
- In the app switcher, swipe sideways to find the Facebook app card/preview.
- Swipe up on the card preview to force close the app.
If you’ve left any other apps suspended or running in the background, follow the same steps to clear them out. Doing so will help prevent any background apps from causing conflicts the next time you reload Facebook app on your device.
Second solution: Reboot your iPhone 11 Pro
When random system issues strike, apps could directly suffer the adverse effects. Fortunately, the transpiring symptoms are usually not that complex and therefore can easily be dealt with by some simple tweaks including a soft reset or restart on the phone. Thus if you haven’t already, follow these steps to soft reset your iPhone 11 Pro:
- Press and hold both the Side and Volume Up buttons for a few seconds.
- Release both buttons when the Slide to Power off bar appears.
- Swipe or drag the bar to turn your device off.
- After about 30 seconds, press and hold the Side button and then release when the Apple logo appears.
Allow your phone to finish its boot sequence and then reconnects to the internet. Once the internet connection has stabilized, retry launching Facebook app and see if it’s already working this time.
Third solution: Install pending updates for Facebook on your iPhone 11 Pro
Apps do need updates in order to remain stable and flawless. Just like iOS updates, app updates also embed some fix patches that are programmed to get rid of any in-app bugs. If you haven’t set your Facebook app to auto-update, chances are that you’ve missed to implement some critical app updates and that eventually resulted in the Facebook app becoming susceptible to some flaws. In this case, manually check for and installing pending app updates would be necessary. All you need is a stable internet connection and ample storage on your phone to get this done. Simply refer to these steps when you’re ready:
- From the Home screen, tap on the App Store icon to open the application.
- Tap on Today tab at the bottom.
- Then tap on the user profile icon (Apple ID header) on the top right corner of the screen. You should see the account details.
- Scroll down to the Available Updates section.
- Tap on Update next to the Facebook app to install pending update for the app.
- If multiple app updates are available, tap on Update All to update all apps at once.
Wait for all apps to finish updating then restart or soft reset your iPhone when they’re done.
Fourth solution: Refresh the internet connection to fix your iPhone 11 Pro Facebook app that won’t open
As mentioned earlier, random internet problems are also among the common factors to consider eliminating. A slow or unstable internet connection on the phone can be the main reason as to why you wouldn’t be able to load Facebook app the way it should. To rule this out, try to refresh your iPhone’s internet connection using any of the following methods:
- Tap Settings from your Home screen.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Wi-Fi switch to the OFF position.
- After about 30 seconds, tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back ON.
Alternatively, you can use the Airplane mode toggle to simultaneously restart your iPhone’s wireless functions.
- To do so, head over to Settings-> Airplane mode menu then toggle the switch to turn Airplane Mode on. This will turn off wireless radios and associated features of your phone. While Airplane mode is enabled, restart or soft reset your iPhone. Then when it’s done rebooting, head back to the Airplane Mode menu from your iPhone Settings then toggle the switch to turn Airplane mode off again.
Allow your phone to re-establish wireless signals and then reconnect to your Wi-Fi network to get back online and use online apps, particularly Facebook.
To eliminate invalid or conflicting network configurations that caused online apps to snag, reset network settings on your iPhone 11 Pro with these steps:
- Tap Settings from the Home screen.
- Scroll down to and select General.
- Tap Reset then select Reset network settings option.
- Enter your device passcode if prompted.
- Tap Reset network settings again to confirm.
Your phone will restart on its own when the reset is finished. By then you can start re-enabling network features including Wi-Fi.
Fifth solution: Turn off restrictions for Facebook app on your iPhone
Another possible barrier for apps to load up is the restrictions feature on your device. When enabled, this feature can stop or restrict certain apps from working on your device. As a result, you won’t be able to use certain features or the entire application itself. To clear this out, follow these steps to check and turn off restrictions for Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro:
- Go to the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Select Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If prompted, enter your Screen Time password to continue.
- Then toggle the switch next to Content & Privacy Restrictions to turn the feature OFF.
Retry launching the app while restrictions are turned off and see if it’s able to load up. If so, then you need to include Facebook app in the list of Allowed apps on your device. That way you can still keep privacy and security while implementing restrictions on your phone.
Last resort: Uninstall then reinstall Facebook app on your iPhone
The last option you’ve got if all the previous methods failed to fix the problem would be to uninstall the Facebook app from your phone. That way you can re-install the application afresh. This is usually necessary, especially if the app has been totally corrupted. Just follow these steps whenever you’re all set to proceed:
- Get to your iPhone’s Home screen to get started.
- Scroll to and find the app that you’d like to reinstall. In this case, locate Facebook.
- Tap and hold on the app icon for a few seconds. Keep holding the app icon when the pop-up menu appears and then release when the app icon starts to jiggle.
- Tap Delete from the warning message.
- Follow the same steps to delete other apps that you’d like to reinstall.
- Finally, tap Done on the top-right corner of the screen once you’re done deleting apps.
After deleting Facebook, restart or soft reset your iPhone to clear out memory cache and to refresh its system functions. When it’s finished rebooting, continue with these steps to download and install the latest version of Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro:
- Tap the App Store icon from the Home screen. Doing so will launch the App Store main screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom right corner of the screen and then tap Search.
- Tap the Games, Apps, Stories, and More field then type in Facebook.
- Tap the Search key on the onscreen keyboard to begin the search for the keyed in application.
- Tap the GET button on the upper-right side.
- Tap Install to begin installing the app. You can use your Face ID to authenticate App Store purchase, if necessary.
- Enter your Apple ID password to continue.
- Then tap the Sign In button.
- When the app is finished installing, tap the OPEN button to see if you can now load up or open the Facebook app on your iPhone 11 Pro.
Normally, recently installed apps shouldn’t have any trouble loading up unless a fatal error has occurred or the app itself is somehow snag. Facebook however is a robust app so it should work as intended unless the main server is enduring some sort of technical difficulties at the moment.
Still having dilemma with your iPhone 11 Pro Facebook app that won’t open
The given solutions above are usually good enough to rule out common software-related factors that might have caused conflicts and prevented Facebook app from loading up on your iPhone. But since none of that works, it would be better if you have the problem escalated to Facebook support or Facebook help center for further assistance. Should there be any ongoing issues affecting Facebook server, the software engineers must already be working for a prompt solution. You can use the information from downdetector.com to view any possible server downtimes affecting Facebook.