When a popular app like Whatsapp starts to keep crashing on a high-end device like the iPhone, you can always expect the problem to be pretty minor. Some owners reported that such issue occurred after the recent iOS 13.2.2 update. Most of the time, it’s just a firmware issue and you can actually fix it on your own by doing a few troubleshooting procedures.
In this post, I will walk you through in fixing your iPhone running iOS 13.2.2 with Whatsapp that keeps on crashing. You don’t have to do some complicated procedures when dealing with a problem like this. In fact, a couple of solutions may be enough to make the app run perfectly again, so continue reading as this post may be able to help you.
Before we move on to our troubleshooting, if you happen to find this post while looking for a solution to a different problem, then visit our iPhone Help Guides page for we have already addressed some of the most common issues with this device. We may have already published articles that could help you fix your problem. Find issues that are similar to yours and feel free to use our solutions.
Fixing Whatsapp that crashing on iPhone with iOS 13.2.2
In this troubleshooting guide, we will try to consider all possibilities and rule them out one after another until we can determine what the problem really is and hopefully be able to fix it. Here’s what you need to do…
First solution: Close Whatsapp and reopen it
Most of the time, app crashes are minor app issues. They occur every now and then but they’re not necessarily hard to fix. In fact, closing the app in question and re-opening it might fix the issue. So here’s what you need to do:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and stop at the middle. This will show you the app previews.
- Now, swipe up on the Whatsapp preview to close it. Do the same to other apps.
After this, try opening Whatsapp and see if it still crashes on your iPhone iOS 13.2.2.
Second solution: Uninstall Whatsapp and reinstall it
Another effective solution to this problem is uninstalling the app in question. Doing so will remove all its associations with the firmware and other apps. After that, reinstall the app to make sure you have the latest version. Here’s how you do those things:
- Go to the screen where the Whatsapp icon is located.
- tap and hold on its icon until the icons start jiggling. Do not release your hold even if options show halfway through.
- Tap the X on the Whatsapp icon.
- Tap Delete to confirm the deletion of the app.
- Once the app is successfully uninstalled, tap Done.
- Go back to the home screen.
- Launch the App store.
- Search for Whatsapp, and then tap the Install icon.
- Wait for the app to be successfully installed on your iPhone.
- When the installation is finished, tap Open to launch it.
Most of the time, these are the only things you need to do to fix an app that keeps on crashing. However, if for some reason the problem continues, then you have to do the next solution.
Third solution: Factory reset your iPhone
A reset will be able to fix this problem but make sure to create a backup of your important files and data because they will be deleted and you may not be able to retrieve them. When ready, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Find and tap General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen, and then touch Reset.
- Tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap Erase Now.
- If prompted, enter your security lock.
- Tap Erase iPhone at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Erase iPhone again to proceed.
- Now enter your Apple ID password, and then tap Erase to proceed with the reset.
- Wait until your iPhone has finished the reset, and then set it up as a new device.
I hope that we’ve been able to help you fix your iPhone with Whatsapp that keeps crashing after iOS 13.2.2. We would appreciate it if you helped us spread the word so please share this post if you found it helpful. Thank you so much for reading!
Connect with us
We are committed to helping our readers fix the problems with their phones as well as learn how to properly use their devices. So, if you have other issues, you may visit our Help Guides page so you can check by yourself the articles we’ve already published that contain solutions to common problems. Also, we do create videos to demonstrate how things are done on your phone. Visit our Youtube Channel and please subscribe to it. Thanks.