Wondering if it is possible to play YouTube videos in the background on your android or iOS device? The answer is yes. If you’d like to know how, scroll down.
YouTube is among the useful social media platforms being patronized by millions of users around the world. It offers tutorial contents, live or recorded entertainment shows, DIY projects, and up to the most recent music videos. All these contents can be played in the background on your Android and iOS devices.
When you close the YouTube app on your phone, this will stop the content that is playing like a music video. Hence, there are few workarounds that can help you play YouTube videos in the background on your smartphone device. Interested in how it is done? Continue reading…
Things to Remember about playing YouTube videos in the background:
- You need to have internet connection. A cellular data will suffice as long as the connection is stable and your cellular data plan is unlimited. Otherwise, use WiFi.
- For iOS device, customizing the settings the YouTube app from the Safari browser isn’t possible, so you need to download the Google Chrome app.
- To avoid re-opening Google chrome, create a YouTube playlist to keep the videos playing continuously.
- Only shutdown Google Chrome app after listening to the videos. The app needs to run in the background to keep the audio playing.
If you’re now set, then let us proceed with the process. To start with, let’s go over on how we can play YouTube videos in the background on an iOS device.
How to Play YouTube Videos in the Background on iOS
Time Needed : 05 minutes
The steps provided below will let you play YouTube videos in the background on your iOS device.
- Download the Google Chrome app from the App Store.
You need to download this app from the App Store.
- Then open the Google Chrome app and tap ACCEPT & CONTINUE
This should be done after the installation of the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
- Type in YouTube on the search tab.
Or you can simply tap the YouTube icon if available.
- Type in the video you would like to play and tap the search icon.
You will then be prompted with set of available videos results.
- Then select the video you want to watch.
Simply tap the video to select.
- While the video is playing, tap the 3 dots.
You can also tap the 3 dots even while the video is not playing.
- The select Desktop.
Doing so will switch your browser settings from mobile to desktop.
- Tap or press your Home button.
If the video stops playing, you can swipe your finger up to open your iOS Control Center and resume the video.
Here’s how it is done on an Android phone:
Time Needed : 5 minutes
If you have an android phone, this is what you need to do:
1. Launch the Google Chrome app.
2. Type youtube.com in the search bar and tap the search icon.
3. Tap the search bar and type in the video you want to watch. Then tap the search icon.
4. Tap to select the video.
5. Tap the 3 dots on the top corner of the screen.
Doing so will open the settings menu of the chrome app.
6. Then select Desktop.
This will switch your browser from mobile to desktop.
Head back to the Home screen. If the video stops playing after going back to the Home screen, simply launch the audio control on your android and tap Play to resume the video.
That’s pretty much everything about playing YouTube videos in the background on your Android and iOS device. This will surely help you multitask.